This summer I told myself that I would use all of my free time to “improve” myself. I love college, but I kind of hit a rut in my personal growth. Here’s my summer plan to work my way out of my rut and to build some good habits before going back to school! For each “category” I have set some goals (I want to…), and then laid out a plan of action (I will…) in order to accomplish each goal.
Spirituality – Goals
- I want to set aside a designated time every day for Bible reading and prayer
- I will kickstart my devotional time by going through the 10 week “7 Minutes with God” Devotional book. I KNOW that I can absolutely commit to at least 7 minutes each morning for devotionals!
- When I am through “7 Minutes with God”, I will find a new devotional or reading plan to follow and continue to devote at least 7 minutes every morning to Bible study.
Diet – Goals
- I want to shed as much unnatural/water weight as possible.
- I want to continue eating healthfully for the rest of the summer.
- I will kickstart June on the AllYou “2 Weeks to Lose a Dress Size” Diet (June 6-June 23), only allowing one “cheat” a week.
- When the diet ends, I will maintain healthy eating habits by focusing mainly on fruits and veggies, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats.
- I will eat when I’m hungry, and stop eating when I’m full.
- I will allow myself to indulge without feeling guilty!
- I will drink at least 64 ounces of water a day.
Exercise – Goals
- I want to be able to run without stopping for a longer amount of time (be able to run 3 miles/30 minutes without stopping).
- I want to be more flexible.
- I want to improve my strength.
- I will run 3 times a week, (loosely) following the Couch to 5K program
- I will practice yoga twice a week (preferably by attending classes, I don’t practice very well on my own at this point)
- I will strength train twice a week (BodyPump!)
- I want to have at least 40 items listed in my Etsy store by the time I go to school.
- I will schedule 5 hours every week to make crafts for my Etsy store, and 2 hours a week to do store maintenance and upkeep.
- I want to become addicted to reading again, like I was when I was in elementary and middle school!
- I will start and finish 2 books a month.
- Go to Dorney Park (a popular amusement park in our area)
- Go tubing down the Delaware River
- Go to the the Jersey Shore for a day or a weekend
- Go to New York City
- Go kayaking
- Go to Ringing Rocks
- Complete the Within Reach workshop
- Do you ever set goals for yourself? If so, what goal are you working towards right now?
- What is something you would like to do before the summer is over?