As I mentioned in Power-Up Breakfast #1: Fast Frittata, I strongly believe that every good day should start with a good breakfast! One of my all-time favorite breakfasts that I discovered in the blogosphere is what people are calling “Vegan Cookie Dough” or “Raw Cookie Dough”. I was skeptical that anything healthy could mimic cookie dough, but hearing everyone rave about it made me want to try it. I’m so glad I did! I probably make raw “cookie dough” for myself about 5 times a week now. It is SUPER easy, quick, and filling. When I eat it for breakfast at 8:30AM I usually am not even hungry until 2PM, which is a pretty big deal for me.
I’m going to show you how I make it, but what’s best about raw “cookie dough” is that once you get the idea behind it, it’s extremely easy to customize! Like I said, I combined a lot of things I saw on different blogs, and my own preferences, to come up with my raw “cookie dough”, and I claim NO OWNERSHIP over this concept or this recipe!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- a couple splashes of liquid (I use Almond Milk, you can use water, soymilk, cow’s milk, etc.)
- 1 scoop of Protein powder (I use vanilla flavored)
- 1 spoonful of nut butter (I use almond butter)
- Mix-ins of your choosing (this time i went with chopped walnuts for crunch and coconut flakes for extra sweetness! other ideas include chocolate chips, dried or chopped fruit, or other nuts/seeds)
Although you essentially just have to combine all the ingredients and stir, I find it easier if I dissolve the protein powder in my liquid before adding any other ingredients, just so it doesn’t leave my cookie dough powdery!
I like to chop a banana on top, it goes perfect with the cookie dough texture and taste!
It may not look pretty, but if you like oats like I do, I’m sure you will LOVE it!
I like to make my raw cookie dough in a Tupperware container so that I can snap on the lid and take it with me to work. Portable cookie dough!
What else do I take to work? Here’s was my lunch line-up this morning…
It may not look like a lot, but like I said, the raw cookie dough keeps me full past noon!!
- What mix-ins would go in YOUR raw cookie dough?
- Do you pack your lunch for work, or buy it there?