The other night at dinner my family wanted to chow down on some chips with our burgers. My mom brought out two different bags, one was Herr’s Baked Potato Crisps (Cheddar and Sour Cream flavored) and the other was Dorito’s (Nacho Cheese).
I decided it would be fun to see how they stack up! First let’s check out the NUTRITION FACTS:
- CALORIES PER CHIP=Doritos 13.6, Herr’s Baked 9.23
- CALORIES FROM FAT PER CHIP=Doritos 6.36, Herr’s Baked 2.3
- GRAMS OF SATURATED FAT PER CHIP=Doritos 0.14, Herr’s Baked 0.04
- GRAMS OF SODIUM PER CHIP=Doritos 16.36, Herr’s Baked 25.38
- GRAMS OF DIETARY FIBER PER CHIP= Doritos 0.09, Herr’s Baked 0.15
- GRAMS OF SUGAR PER CHIP= Doritos 0.09, Herr’s Baked 0.15
- Herr’s Baked Crisps are lower in calories, calories from fat, saturated fat, but higher in sodium and sugar than the Doritos!
The winner? I went with the Baked Herr’s, all the way. Because they were lower in calories I could eat MORE! I’m usually not a fan of baked chips because I find them to be a lot less flavorful than their counterparts, but the cheddar and sour cream hit the spot. Even my dad said “I could eat these!” which is a big deal because he LOVES his Doritos. The only thing that I was disappointed about was the higher sodium stats.
- What do you think of baked chips? Have you ever tried Cheddar and Sour Cream Herr’s Baked Chips? What did you think?
- What foods do you commonly replace with healthier alternatives? Do they beat your cravings, or leave you wanting more?