Hello, glorious internet community (which at this point probably only consists of Emma, Andy, Jamie, and my beautiful Mother, but hey, you have to start somewhere)! My name is Dominique, and I am excited to be back into the world of blogging so that I can share my life with you.
I feel like I have always had a relationship with blogging. Starting in my teens, I spent countless hours online on internet forums (like Craftster), and even started a couple of failed blogs. I remember writing blogs and not telling anyone of their existence, but still secretly hoping someone would find them and validate my online presence. As I got older, I discovered more of the blogging community through two of my close friends who started blogging. Both of their blogs are very different, but both also fostered great discussions, encouragement, and support. The more blogs I read, the more I grew to love blogging and the community that it fosters between people who would not meet in real life! I’ve decided that this summer I am ready to join that community, and start a blog of my own.
This blog will not have a particular “theme” or “angle”, although that goes against many bloggers’ recommendations. My life has MANY themes and my personality has MANY angles, all of which are constantly evolving and changing because I am a DYNAMIC human being (aren’t we all?)! Some of the issues that this blog will address are…
- diet and exercise
- college living
- crafts and DIY
- my personal spiritual journey
- relational and family issues
…basically if I’m doing it, and if it’s in my life at the moment, it’s fair blogging game!
The purpose of this blog is to:
- keep family and friends (who are all over the country) updated on my life!
- to be able to document and remember all of the fun (and sometimes not so fun) things that happen in my life
- to find community with other bloggers, and to draw encouragement from them
- to keep myself accountable, that is, to make sure I am still living a healthy, optimistic life, filled with fun, adventure, and challenge!
Unfortunately, my return to blogging has been way overdue. I’ve been talking about starting a blog again for about a year, but I kept delaying it because I didn’t feel “ready”. I am the type of person who wants everything I create to be flawless, but that often holds me back from doing and trying new things because if I wait for perfection, I’ll be waiting forever! Now, I am “ready”, not because this blog will be perfect, but because it will be imperfect, and I am absolutely fine with that.
Thanks for reading, and I hope that you guys enjoy this as much as I think I will. 🙂
- Have you ever started a blog? Why or why not?
- Do you ever hold yourself back from trying new things because you feel like you won’t be able to perform your best? How did you overcome this?
I would love to hear from you all in the comments!